Updated December 20, 2019
When this Policy mentions “we” or “us”, it refers to the Controller of your data under the Policy. When you access our websites and use our services, your data is controlled by STERIS, 5960 Heisley Road, Mentor, OH, USA or one of its affiliated companies.
Personal Data Collected by STERIS:
This Site is not intended to receive personal information of a confidential nature from you. However, as part of the Policy, when you visit our Site, you may voluntarily provide personal data about yourself that specifically identifies you, or when combined with other data we have, can be used to identify you. The data may include, but is not limited to, name, address, company name, occupational role, telephone number, fax number, email address, date of birth, internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device identifier, location data, credit card number and expiration date and purchase and ordering history. STERIS does not collect sensitive personal data (such as information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health information, criminal background or trade union membership) without your express consent or as required by law.
Below is a summary of the types of cookies used by the Site:
- Session cookies: These cookies are used when you browse our site and expire when you close your browsing session. We use these cookies to determine how a user arrived at the Site and to improve the user’s experience while browsing.
- Performance or Analytical cookies: STERIS uses Google Analytics, among other search engine tools, to analyze how the Site is used and to monitor its performance. We use the data gathered to diagnose and correct technical issues with the Site and to make improvements based on what users find most interesting or useful.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We only collect and process data when it is necessary for carrying out the legitimate interests of our business, performing a contract or for complying with a legal obligation. We may use personal data that you provide to us for the following purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Operating, maintaining and improving our website, our services, and our products.
- Following-through to deliver products or services you have requested and provide Customer service.
- Processing online purchase orders and keeping you informed about the status of your order.
- Considering an application for employment, including review of your supplied resume. The data may be saved in our files for future review and consideration. The data will be shared internally on a need-to-know basis, and will not be given to any third parties other than our service providers who process data on our behalf.
- Allowing candidates to complete pre-employment onboarding activities upon acceptance of a job offer.
- Identifying your preferences so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- Sending you reminders, updates, support, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information.
- Performing analytics and conducting Customer research.
- Administering online surveys either from us or through third party business partners.
- Managing our everyday business needs, such as administration of the STERIS website, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms and Conditions, or to comply with the law.
- Internal record keeping and decision-making within STERIS.
The Security of Your Personal Data
STERIS takes appropriate steps to manage the privacy of your personal data and the security of our websites. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal data. Still, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, STERIS cannot guarantee that your personal data is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, you can contact us at the address below.
Certain social media features available on the STERIS websites may be hosted by third parties. For example, some social networking services allow you to share products and services from our Site via your social networking profile. Our site also allows you to apply for available jobs at STERIS through your LinkedIn account. If you choose to make use of third party social media services (such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn), we may receive personal data about you, such as your name and email address that you have made available through those services. We encourage you to visit those third party social networking services’ privacy policies and review your privacy settings directly on those services. Any data we receive through third party social media services may be used as described in this Policy.
Cross Border Transfers
Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have STERIS facilities or service providers, and by using our website or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of data to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Recipients of Data
We disclose information collected through the Site:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, Customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, and other services in order to enable them to provide services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We will only share personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of STERIS if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of STERIS, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to guard against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Retention of Your Personal Data
STERIS retains your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the Policy, unless a longer retention period is required by law or to fulfill a legal obligation.
Your Data Rights
Under applicable data protection laws, you have certain rights in relation to the data we hold about you. You have the choice to opt-out of these data practices at any time. You may request to obtain, delete, restrict or correct data and request not to be subject to automated decision making in accordance with applicable law and pursuant to our review by contacting the STERIS Data Protection Officer at the address below. If, after pursuing this process, we have not adequately addressed your concern, you have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not intended for use by individuals thirteen years of age or younger, and we request that these individuals not provide personal data through the Site.
Changes to This Policy
Contacting STERIS About Your Personal Data
you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal data, please
contact us at dataprotection@STERIS.com
or by writing to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Mentor, OH 44060 USA
ATTN: Dan Simon
California residents may contact STERIS at 1-888-783-7476 regarding
your personal data.
For residents in Germany, STERIS’s local data protection officer can be reached at dataprotection@STERIS.com.